The beauty of being selective in my blogging lately means that I only get to share the best of the best with you. My favourite brands, my favourite events, and my favourite stories.
Simons is a store that I have a strong personal connection with. Since some of my family moved to Québec over ten years ago Simons has become a stop on every trip we make to la belle province. At first it was the clothes – both designer brand items as well as basic staples – and then the home decor, bedding, and accessories. It wasn’t any surprise that I showed up to browse the Simons Spring collection a few weeks ago wearing head-to-toe Simons from my Twik shirt to my J Brand demin.
I have been anxiously awaiting Simons arrival in Ontario – to say the least – and my excitement was only amplified after seeing the Spring collection in advance. I made sure I was one of the first in the doors at the new Square One location for their pre-opening reception a few weeks ago.
Here are some new favourites I picked up:
- Decorative “fur” throw rug: $35. Okay, I can’t lie. I bought this in Montréal 2 years ago but I am still madly in love with it. I almost bought a second one at Square One for my home office.
- Accessory tray: $10. I am all about stripes & gold! These piece seriously upped the glam factor of my bedside table.
- Sleeveless shirt from Twik: $18. This style of shirt is one of my go to’s for the spring/summer. I almost grabbed one in three colours! I love how affordable the Twik line is for basic items like this.
I love Simons because it is a store with something for everyone. Even with three generations of my family visiting the Québec locations we could all find something we liked. The new Square One store carries a mixture of Simons’ in-house private labels as well as a hand picked selection of international designers and the merchandise is grouped by style rather than label or price sticker.
Here’s what you can expect in the new 110,000 square foot Square One store:
- A bright, airy space with lots of product to choose from
- Women’s clothing, accessories, and Maison home decor items on the first floor
- Men’s clothing and a cafe on the second floor
- Private labels including Twik, Icône, Contemporaine, Miiyu (lingerie), Djab, Le 31