Today I capped off 2015 with a workout and a short run. I wanted to make sure I spent the last day of the year feeling fast and strong but both also served as a fitting farewell to the fittest year of my entire adult life.
Here’s my 2015 in numbers:
- 400+ kms run (I hope to triple that number in 2016!)
- 75 kms biked for Ride For Heart, and an additional few hundred kms going for bike rides and commuting
- 5,355 minutes spent cross-training in 119 NTC classes
- 7 races run
- 1 Spartan race
- 0 injuries!
I’m feeling much fitter, healthier, happier, and stronger closing out 2015 with all of these accomplishments and am focusing on faster, better, stronger for next year. Here’s what you can expect more of in 2016:
- My first half marathon – come cheer for me May 1st at the Goodlife Half Marathon!!
- Running, running, and more running. I’m hoping to blow past 1,000kms in 2016 but also improve my speed.
- More cross-training and strength building.
- Longer bike rides. Who knows, maybe a new bike is in my future!
- Talking about trying a triathlon – just not sure I’ll be able to fit in the swim training in time.
Is fitness on your list of New Years resolutions? Look out for my post next week on the best free workouts in Toronto!