NXNE 2014 is just around the corner! Starting in just over a week, my favourite festival in Toronto has the city buzzing already. Each year seems to get better and better as NXNE’s profile grows and more bands visit us and brands, companies, and labels attempt to outdo themselves with epic parties and BBQs. This year’s music lineup is already impressive, and you can bet more artists will be running around the city that week!
The festival has four main components which dominate specific dates throughout the festival.
Music: June 14-22, 2014
Interactive: June 18-21, 2014
Comedy: June 17-22, 2014
Film: June 13th-15th & 22nd, 2014
Are You Ready For a Full Toronto Takeover?
This year’s music highlights include:
- More free shows at Yonge-Dundas Square including performances by Sleigh Bells, St. Vincent, Spoon, and Juicy J
- NXNE takes over T.O! Look out for shows in stores, parks, and even a streetcar!
- Toronto Island will be transformed into VICE ISLAND for wristband and badge holders
- A four-day party at Budweiser Music House
- Big name bands and surprise guests at the Red Bull Sound Select
- An all-day BBQ party at 159 Manning
- And tons of unlisted shows, BBQs, and parties for you to explore!
Tickets are still available! There are individual wristbands for Music, Comedy and Film, and the Platinum Badge gets you access to everything. All wristbands and badges provide access to Art and the Music wristband also gets you access to Comedy. Venues have different lines for Badges, Wristbands, and Walk-Up. Want priority access? Grab a Platinum Badge or Wristband. Walk-Ups go in last so if there is a show you’re especially excited for it might be worth grabbing a Wristband!
More information and tickets available at nxne.com.
Have tickets and need to plan out your schedule? Get schedulizin’!
I’ll be posting my round of bands you can’t miss at this year’s festival soon.