Don’t have plans for Robbie Burns Day yet? Don’t worry, Toronto’s Fionn MacCool’s pubs have planned their own celebrations and you’re invited! On January 25th Fionn MacCool’s locations in Toronto are celebration the spirit and tradition of Scotland’s famous poet, Robbie Burns. While all guests can enjoy the haggis, whisky, poetry readings, and live music, any of the holiday’s namesakes – including all variations of Roberts, Burns, Robs, and Roberts – can also enjoy a complimentary plate of the pub’s scot staple, yorkshire puddings.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Ode to the Haggis – A Haggis will be formally piped in at 7 p.m. and given the traditional address. Following the ceremonial cutting, guests will be invited to sample the “tasty” Scottish dish.
- Scottish Pipe Music – An authentic Scottish piper will play rousing Scottish pipe music.
- Hourly Whisky toasts and Robbie Burns readings – Throughout the night guests will be invited to honour Burns by raising a whisky toast and listening to readings of his famous poems.
- Scotch Whisky Tastings – Starting at 6 p.m. interested guests can participate in intimate scotch tasting sessions featuringDewar’s White Label, Dewar’s Highlander Honey and Dewar’s Alberfeldy 12. While sipping they’ll hear a history of the fine, golden liquid.
- Live Music – As a celebration isn’t complete without music, live entertainment will be playing all night long.
- Free Appetizer for Namesakes – All Robs, Roberts, Robertas, Robbies and Burns who bring photographic proof will receive one free plate of Fionn MacCool’s finest Mini Yorkshire Puddings appetizer. Filled with Guinness gravy and fresh Québec cheddar cheese curds, the appetizer is a perfect for accompaniment to a refreshing pint or a premium whisky.
Toronto locations at 70 The Esplanade, 310A Front St. West, 235 Bloor St. East and 181 University Ave will celebrate on January 24th and the 1867 Yonge Street location will host their own celebration on January 25.
Enter to win $50 for Fionn MacCool’s!
Enter to win a $50 gift card to experience Fionn MacCool’s Robert Burns Celebrations first hand (or stop by another time)! Enter using the widget below. At a bare minimum you have to leave a comment either telling me a short poem or which Fionn MacCool’s location is your local. You can gain extra entries using social media.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on Sunday, January 19, 2014.