Whether it be spending the day together or a small memento, I try to celebrate with my mom in a little way every Mother’s Day. Last year we got our nails done and then went out for brunch at the Drake Hotel. On the short walk home we saw an Open House for a house selling at an asking price of $1.5 million and we took a tour pretending to be interested buyers and imagined me being able to afford a house just like it. This year, I’ll be gifting Mom with something small at a lunch date with her and her friends before she jet-sets off to Vegas!
If you’re like me, you’ve probably left the gift buying to the last minute because life is BUSY, right? Don’t you worry, I’ve got a simple last minute gift guide to help you pick up a little something for Mom without breaking the bank!
1. Bling. This light necklace from Shop For Jayu features a dainty heart-shaped pendant. Mom will be delighted to know that these dainty necklaces are totally on trend and my mom will be glad to know I didn’t go in to debt trying to afford it. (Pssst, Shop for Jayu is hosting a Spring Sale this weekend. You can save 40-60% off accessories for Mom and treat yourself to something too!)
2. Beauty box subscription. GLOSSYBOX is a beauty box subscription service bringing exclusive beauty samples straight to your mailbox every month. For only $21/month (with savings for 3, 6, and 12 month plans), receive at least 5 deluxe beauty samples from top brands.
GLOSSYBOX just celebrated it’s first birthday in Canada with a limited edition package which included:
- Givenchy Gloss Interdit lipgloss in No. 3 Coral Frenzy
- Essence Quattro Eyeshadow (Full Size)
- Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
- Macadamia Natural Healing Oil Treatment (for hair)
- Anatomicals “You Need a Blooming Shower” Rose and Jasmine Body Cleanser (Full Size)
- Eucerin Hyal-urea anti=wrinkle day/night cream
- Crabtree and Evelyn Tarocca orange eucalyptus and sage ultra-moisturizing hand therapy lotion
- A special GLOSSYBOX cupcake kit
The full box was valued at $86.98!
3. Lunch. Let’s be honest – whose mom doesn’t just want a little more QT spent with their fave children? My mom would love indulging in some gluten-free treats from Tori’s Bakeshop while exploring the Beaches neighbourhood.
4. Spa Date. One thing my mom and I love to do together is to treat ourselves to spa services. It means at least one hour of uninterrupted talk time while we relax and indulge. I’m a bit of a facial rookie but I dream of treating myself to a service at Hammam Spa one day soon!
5. Flowers. Just because it’s cliche doesn’t mean it won’t make mom smile. Deals like this one on Buytopia for $25 for $50 worth of flowers or gift baskets means that you can afford the biggest bouquet they can deliver. I would make sure they were delivered to my Mom’s work on Monday so that she can show them off on her desk for the rest of the week.