PANTONE has named it’s colour of the year for 2013:
This is one of my favourite colours and you know it’s going to be a popular shade for the next year. In fact, some of my favourite beauty and fashion brands are already stocking beautiful emerald pieces and I wanted to share my favourites before everyone gets the memo and these pieces sell out. I am currently coveting these pieces to kick off the year in emerald:
1. Knitted textured crop jumper from TopShop – £30 – This chunky knit would look great paired with a pair of shiny leggings or a cute skirt. Add a blouse underneath and it’s office-friendly, too!
2. Et Cetera Idiom Bangle from Kate Spade – $48 – Kate Spade’s new Yorkdale location has Toronto seeing green – and red, and yellow, and purple – with a young and colourful collection. This dainty and detailed bangle is sure to bring a pop of colour to any outfit.
3. Cotton pushup bra and burnout G-String from La Senza’s I ♥ Cotton line – Bra $9.99, Panties $8.50 – You may not be photographed in the next Street Style in this, but you can still indulge in a little emerald in your underwear drawer. Since the colour flatters all skin tones and compliments any hair colour, you’ll look great for the people that do catch a glimpse of you in your skivvies.
4. Tall sleeveless crepe dress from LOFT – $79.50 – A classic dress with a fun, flirty twist. Falling just above the knee, this dress is the perfect piece to take from the office to happy hour.
5. ID Satchel purse from TopShop – £34 – With gold features and a long crossbody strap, you can tote your laptop or tablet around town and still be on trend.
6. Pretty Edgy polish from Essie – $9.75 on NailPolishCanada.com – The easiest way to be on trend is with this polish that is sure to draw attention to your mani.Essie polishes are one of my favourites for their low price point and high quality.
7. Leather ballerina flats from Zara – $19.99 – These leather flats are a great way to add a bit of inexpensive colour and style to your outfit. With pillowy cushioned insoles, your mad dash to the streetcar just got a bit more bearable.
Will you be seeing green in 2013?
Past PANTONE picks: